Blind Repairs & Cut-Downs Edmonton
Blind Repairs (Hunter Douglas Only)
Servicing Hunter Douglas Blinds
Blind Recording $89.95 (All Manufacturers)
If the cords in your blinds have broken, you don’t have to throw out your blinds and buy new ones. Recording your current blinds is an inexpensive process that we do on a very regular basis. Customers love bringing their blinds that are 15 years old to get recorded, giving them another lease on life. Motor-Home Blinds Repair $124.95 One of our blind recording specialities is recording Motor-Home Blinds. We are one of the only Service centres in Alberta to provide this speciality service. These are tension mounted blinds, that are very difficult to repair. We have a trained specialist who knows how to complete these complex jobs.
Additional Blind Repair Services (Only Hunter Douglas)
You can drop off your repairs and we will skillfully fix following most common blind issues:
- Cordlock: If your blind cord isn’t locking in your blinds into place, your blind cordlock is likely the problem.
- Cordloop: If your cordloop is broken, you won’t be able to raise or lower your blinds at all.
- Tilter: If your tilting mechanism is broken, you won’t be able to turn your blinds up and down.
- Roller shade Clutch: If your roller shade isn’t operating like it should be, it is likely an internal problem with the clutch mechanism.
- Rollershade Chain: The rollor shade chain serves the same purpose as the cordloop. If the chain that you pull up and down to raise and lower your blinds is broken, you won’t be able to move your rollershade.
Parts(We Only Stock Hunter Douglas Parts) You can also buy the parts for these issues and repair them yourself. We sell cords, brackets, and many other parts.
What is Blind Resizing/Cut Down
It is a process of cutting down the width of the blinds so they can fit into the windows they will be used in. Some blinds can also be shortened in the height of existing blinds. It is usually only worthwhile for valuable blinds like Hunter Douglas.
When to Resize Your Blinds:
- After getting new replacement windows. The new windows can be bit smaller than the previous windows and your blinds need to be cut down to fit in the new frame.
- For incorrectly measured window blinds and shades that you can’t return and need to fit your windows.
- Taking expensive blinds with you to your new home, and resizing them to fit your new windows.
Steps For Resizing Measure the exact inside measurement of your windows to the nearest 1/8”. For the width, take three measures top-middle-bottom. Then one for the the height in the middle. Draw a square box diagram for each window and write the measurements on it. Bring your blinds/shades and measurement diagram into our service dept located at 10615 – 170st. Inform our Service coordinator that your measurements are exact to the window size. We will do the necessary deductions so they fit and don’t rub on the sides. Our store is open 8-5 M-F and 10-4 Sat. Turnaround time is approx. 1 week depending upon our current workload.
Address & Hours
10615 170 Street NW Edmonton AB T5P 4W2 Located 1 block north of Mayfield Common Shopping Centre. In the same building as Kitchen Craft Cabinets.